Kim's Blog

Friday, April 11, 2008

Yesterday I had mock board and it went really well! I used my board patient and cleaned his upper left quad. I decided to save one tooth out of that quad for boards as an alternate submission. I didn't miss any spots, except for the tooth that I did not clean!! Hopefully I can do that same thing on the real board in a few weeks. I feel like I have gotten a lot better at feeling for calculus and removing it. When I first started scaling I never picked up an explorer, but just hoped that I had done a good job. Now I always use it even on the easy patients. On easy patients I always check the mandibular anteriors especially. The one thing on the mockboard that I missed was a couple of probe depths. I was in a huge hurry because he had his little boy there and had to keep taking breaks, so I probed way fast. On the real board I need to really take my time to get those one hundred percent right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home