Kim's Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Last Thursday Clinic was great, my board patient came in and I took all of the xrays and cleaned a quad and placed arestin. I used local anesthetic and it was funny because he was the first patient that I had ever gotten numb and that was last semester. Well, this time he was like you weren't as nervous as last time! He could tell that I was not as shaky, funny. I am going to clean one quad for mock board in April to see how well I can remove his calculus before the real board.
In the afternoon I found another potential board patient and Kristi came over and helped me because she might use her. She is a borderline board patient. Tomorrow is the Local anesthetic mockboard, I can't believe that it's already here!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Pyper's! said...

I really think I will shake every time I gi e an injection that first semester... than maybe it will get better??

3:06 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Hey good luck on written boards! I am impressed with your injections! Making the pt feel at ease is one of the best things you can do. May all your patients be board patients!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home