Kim's Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Yesterday at the VA I was able to have a lot of Local anesthetic experiences! I didn't have a patient at first and so I went to the dental clinic and anesthetized a sedated patient. I didn't know that when a paitient was sedated that they can respond to you. If you tell them to open their mouth they will. It was crazy. I used a bite block and that really helped. Good experience. I also anesthezed two other patients. The last experience was interesting because I did infiltrations. I infiltrated #8f and #14fL. I had never infiltrated on the palate and so that was an interesting experience. I really need to concentrate on not expressing solution as I am entering the patients mouth. I did that a couple times yesterday. That is my goal for next time.
I worked on that patient when they were in a gerny. It was a really good experience.
In the afternoon I cleaned a class 4 patient. The majority of the time was spent removing stain. I need to remeber to use the same toe to tooth expression when using the ultrta sonic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home