Kim's Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Yeah! I did my first injection on a realy patient today! I was pretty nervous, but after I was done I felt more confident about doing it. I did the lower left IA and Long buccal. His tounge was really big and so it was very difficult to do, it was totally covering my penetration site. The instructor retracted his tounge for me so that I could get to it. Before doing that I tried to have him move his tounge, he did not speak english and so I tried and he flexed his tounge and it made it even bigger. The tounge really is your enemy! Anyway it went really well. What I learned is that when you get premature osseous contact don't withdraw just redirect and go from there.
He was a very difficult patient to clean and it was a great experience once again. My instructor showed me how to use a new instrument and I loved it. I had a lot of one on one time today and it was so helpful. She showed me how to really use an accessory fulcrum, stabilized, to help have more force and control. It helped my hands not get as tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home